Thursday 13 October 2011

2010 Northern Sequential Art Competition winner




Last Autumn I entered the Leeds Northern Sequential art competition at their annual Thought Bubble convention. The theme for the story was 'November In The North'. I got the idea for the story after reading about the soul-caking festival and the Wild Horseman of Antrobus in a Readers Digest Book of British folklore. I've never been to Antrobus and didn't even know where it was when I started the strip! Judged by the editor of 2000AD and Marvel's Spider-man comics it was incredible when they announced my name as the winner!

The colour finished strip is to be published by Image comics in the USA in November 2011. It will be included in Thought Bubble which will also include work by Charlie Adlard, Duncan Fegredo, and D'Israeli.

Click here for more news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment